For you to do
- Establish a relationship with your child's counselor.
- Think about how your child's college education will be paid for.
- Determine your family's affordability threshold.
- Go to any junior college nights or events offered by your child's school.
- Talk with your child about how his or her college education will be paid for and your family's affordability threshold.
For you to help your student
- Help your child with time management and organization.
- Make sure child has a quiet place to study without distraction.
- Research colleges that interest your child.
- Schedule and go on college visits with your child.
- Talk with your child about SAT or ACT test prep.
- Make sure your child registers for and takes the SAT or ACT at least once before the winter of senior year.