For you to do
- Introduce yourself to your child's counselor.
- Think about how your child's college education will be paid for.
- Determine your family's affordability threshold.
- Talk with your child about how his or her college education will be paid for and your family's affordability threshold.
For you to help your student
- Start thinking about SAT or ACT test prep.
- Help your child with time management and organization.
- Make sure your child has a quiet place to study without distraction.
- Help your child update and review his or her 4-year academic plan.
- Start getting informed about colleges.
- Go on informal college visits with your child.